2015-10-24

Sick and tired of being sick and tired...

"I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired..."
I heard Dave Ramsey say it often when listening to his show many years ago.  I'd link to his site here, but let's just say his ideas and my ideas on humanity are, quite a bit different these days.

So what is this about?

I'm 238 pounds.  That's what this is about. I'm fat. It's time to change that.

Hold your praises and patting to the end.  I'm fat, and I know it.  There's nothing wrong with being fat if that's who you are and you're comfortable with it.  I get frustrated when people assume the word is a negative word.

Let's look at that for a moment. According to Merriam-Webster:

Fat: having a lot of extra flesh on your body, having a lot of body fat, having a full, rounded form, unusually wide or thick.

Well folks, that's me; physically anyway.
But that's not me.
That's not who I want to be.

Let me correct that... That's not how I want to look.

Being fat doesn't define me.
But being fat makes me uncomfortable.

Time to change that.

This is the beginning, again. (More on that later - maybe another day.)

My plan:

  • Start a blog to track my thoughts throughout this quest.
  • Research a bit more on the Dukan diet Marshall Brain discusses from time-to-time in his podcast How Stuff Works.
  • Determine a fun way to track this quest.
  • Determine metrics I should track.
  • Meals meals meals - How/what/when should I eat. 
  • Outline steps/tasks
  • Pictures
  • Dates - When to start
Before I start killing myself with bad data/approaches, I need to investigate. 

Until then, pizza awaits. #ThisIsWhyImFat



No comments:

Post a Comment