2021-05-27

Uh... hey...

 Uh... hey... so it's been a while. I guess I should really start blogging again. 

So many incredible things have happened since I last updated. It'd take forever to update, so I'm just going to pick up from here as if this is a new thing. So... reset button... 

I've been keeping a journal for the past month or so and it's been pretty therapeutic.  I figured I'd start blogging again as well to document various things going on in life.

Today I found a possible connection in our family tree for William Elliott (father of Nancy Elliott (wife of Jonathan Merrill (son of Benjamin Merrill))).  This is great news because we were about to remove Nancy's parents because we didn't have enough evidence.  But I found a probate record from 1814 which linked to some details of a will from 1791 which could be tied to an immigrant passenger manifest from 1774. Wouldn't that be great if they tie together?!  I'll have mom double-check my work. I could be missing something. 

Genealogy is fun. It's a mystery with puzzles and having to make some guesses to try to tie things together and then search for the evidence to back that up.  So, the opposite of science. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment